Thursday, August 9, 2012

Visual exploratory dissections

I am really enjoying my new job. Much of the work involves video editing, carefully examining and re-examining footage for hours on end, 3D modeling and animation, so there isn't much time for drawing for most of it, but I try to find opportunities.

I am working on a liver surgery case that will be uploaded to the PIE Toronto Video Atlas of Surgery: http://pie.med.utoronto.ca/TVASurg/index.htm All of the current content has been produced by my colleague Albert Fung, who recently won an AMI award for one of his videos.

For one of the shots in what will become my first contribution to the TVA site, I have to depict how the vessels and ducts of the liver's portal pass through a structure referred to as the "biliary plate." These sketches are my attempts to understand how these structures are arranged in relation to each other from the focal point of the camera in this particular shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment