Sunday, March 11, 2012

Drawing and Painting at Vitruvian Fine Art Studio

When I was interviewing at the Medical College of Georgia for medical illustration, I had asked the group of professors if they had any advice for my further artistic development in the few months I had between then and when the programs would be starting up. David Mascaro gave me this advice: "If you take any drawing or painting courses, try to find ones that teach in the traditional style." I now know what he meant by that. Here in Chicago, the instructors at Vitruvian Fine Art Studio teach drawing, painting and sculpture in the traditional sense, that is, learning to represent with your choice of media exactly what you see in front of you as accurately as possible. Over the past 8 weeks I've been spending my Sundays there, and here are the results.




6 comments:

  1. WFT Paul! These are AMAZING! Talk about crazy improvement! Consider me impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Paul....you were awesome before, but this stuff is stellar!!!! Really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY!! You are amazing Paul!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much guys. Here is a link to one of the instructor's site bio, which has some awesome videos where he elucidates his ideas on the artistic process: http://www.davidjamieson.net/David_Jamieson/pages/information.php
    Are you ready for this? He's Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow very nice!! You've improved so much!!! O__O

    ReplyDelete