Saturday, January 15, 2011

Life drawing pen practice

As I have signed up for the advanced surgical illustration course in BMC, I will be returning to the operating room for live sketching very soon. To practice I went over to TSA for a quick sketch life drawing session and used only ballpoint pen. Pen is the preferred medium for sketching in an environment where sterility is an issue (pencil leads may break and fly all over the place). I have also started a digital sculpting course at TSA using Z-Brush, and hope that I may use this amazing tool for producing the end product of my surgical illustration piece. I will post some examples of work in Z-Brush very soon!







2 comments:

  1. These are great, Paul! I want to do some life drawing this semester too... I haven't gone in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Paul!
    These are looking really good man! I think I'm going to get myself into some extra life drawing this week since I'm ahead in school. Maybe I'll even get some decent enough to post too.

    ReplyDelete