Friday, March 5, 2010

Neck Studies

So I had intended to put together a poster last semester showing how to properly apply a choking technique in Judo. Needless to say this has not yet come to fruition, but as I learn more about how to use these Adobe programs, I am hoping I can finish the project this summer. Here is a set of neck studies I did in preparation for the main component of the poster.


I started out drawing from anatomical specimens from the JCB Grant museum here at U of T. I went about my research starting with the deeper structures and moving towards the surface, although I'm curious if it would have been better to work in the reverse direction. Well, I guess I'll have to try both methods and see which works best.



The above sketch, with an impressively substantial SCM, was drawn from photographic reference in Rohan's Color Atlas of Anatomy. Definitely the gold standard in anatomical photography.


After I had drawn from the cadavers, I looked through some graphic references, the above was from Gray's Anatomy for Students.



Finally I came to the superficial layers of the surface, and for these studies I refered to George Bridgeman, Louise Gordon, and Leonardo Da Vinci. For the next post I will show some of the rough sketches for the poster insets.

No comments:

Post a Comment